Friday, July 27, 2007

Flat on my face

So I'm a clumsy person. Naturally. It's a gift I was born with. I'm the only one I know that can go to the tanning bed and come out with a huge bruise on the side of my knee. My friends and family saying, "Yeah,only Leah!! haha" (in MY defense, I had just gotten out of the tanning bed, eyes adjusting and dropped my sun-goggles-they rolled into the corner almost behind the bed. As i bent down to pick them up, I lost my balance, the side of my leg slamming against the bed's sharp corner. OUCH.)



Well, Sunday, I was meeting up with a friend at the gas station and I got out of my car to head to his. He'd already walked into the store. I've got a couple books in my hand, cell phone, purse and keys.
NOTE: Clumsy girl wearing cute heels.
So I stepped up onto the sidewalk, and attempted to step down into the empty parking space next to his car. THAT didn't go over very well. lol In slow motion, I and flying in the air, thinking- I'm not really falling am I? No, I saved myself...no wait maybe I didn't... After bouncing on the pavement a couple of times on my hands (the bouncing surprised me...i thought I would at least slide across the pavement, lol) and (already) bad knee/leg, my momentum comes to a halt.



I laugh and don't dare look around at the 20 other cars of people around who most likely saw my failing acrobatics, brush the dirt off my hands and begin picking up all my things, which flew everywhere as well (keys, under his car). OH and I'm the lucky one to have landed her knee in an oil spot. So basically, I get to go to church with a wet butt (whatever the mystery fluid it landed in) and an oil stain on my left knee. AWESOME. Another day in the Life of Leah. =)

No comments: